Martineau Place

Martineau Place
Main Sponsor

Friday 30 December 2011

Burning off the Festive Cheer

Numbers are pretty low on the ground with everyone still in festive swing so it only ended up with myself @bcfcboz, Mel @melcastle69, Steve @brunone1, and twitfam member Allen @allenjamesuk.
I woke to my phone buzzing and going crazy from all the #ff's on twitter and to read a tweet from Mel craving for a bacon sarnie. Lol.
This is the first time I was getting out on "cHARRYot" my new bike.
After asking all our followers on twitter to first suggest a possible name for my new purchase I drew up a short list of seven.
I then posted the possible names back on twitter and held a vote.
The winning vote went to Richy @richfly458 with the perfect name of cHARRYot.
I loved it when I first saw it suggested and was over the moon when all the TWITFAM voted it in. Quality!!!

I woke this morning at 6.30 like a kid at Christmas. Couldn't wait to get out on cHARRYot and to hit the roads.
Lycra on I went downstairs to get my porridge down my neck. Only to find my wife had been feeding it my daughter over the festive period and there's no left. Haha. Scrambled egg and Xmas ham on toast it was. Oh and a cup of brew.
9am is approaching. First a text off @brunone1 to say he's going to be 10 minutes late followed by a text off by @melcastle69's text.
"15mins laye"
I translated that as she was going to be late by roughly 15 mins. Haha #fatfingers
They both turn up within minutes of each other and off we set. We heads off to meet @allenjamesuk outside his local pub. Not for a festive beer I'm afraid. ;-(
We set off again.
I think @brunone1 and @melcastle69 are slightly nervous at the fact we are planning to do 30 mile. This is down to the fact that the furthest @Melcastle69 has done is 17mile and @brunone's best is around 20 mile.
We started ploughing through the miles but there was a few weird sounds coming from faith's (Mels bike) front wheel. We stop to take a look.
The brake is rubbing. An adjustment is made and off we set again.
Allen took us down some great country roads with lovely views to boot.
We hit the 15 mile mark and @brunone1 starts hurting a little. I must admit my batty crease hasn't adapted to the new saddle either. Ouch!!
@melcastle69 is going great guns as she hits her personal best of 17mile and in fact has rode off and left us 3 chaps behind. Haha. A whole new meaning to GIRLPOWER!!
20 mile is hit. @brunone1 is on the brink of tears. We are putting it down to the fact he's not using his gears properly but he rest assures us it's just down to the fact he is super unfit. Haha
At that time, I had to point out that Mel is was doing great and he was getting shown up by a girl. Haha
He kept coming out with the line "you lot carry on without me. I don't want to hold you back"
To my reply "man up brownie and get a move on"
I should become a motivation speaker. What do you think?
7 miles from home and we are just outside Solihull.
@brunone1 gets his 8th wind. Knowing he's nearly home.
@melcastle69 is still doing great
A walk in the park for @allenjamesuk.
I feel good apart from my tush.
@allenjamesuk splits off and heads of home then followed by @brunone1.
@melcastle69 and I get to the wheatsheaf with home in sight.
We are home!! Clocking up 33.32 miles
A massive well done to both @melcastle69 & @brunone1 for smashing there personal bests.
Mel loads her bike into her car and looks at the data on the endomondo app. Chuffed with the fact she has burnt 4400 calories and rode over 30 miles. I look at mine and I've only burnt 2300 calories.
"that can't be right" I said.
"I'm fatter than you. How have you burnt more calories?"
We don't know the answer. So we give in. Lol
Then off she sets.
I gets in and hit the shower.
I get out of the shower to a text off Mel
"my endomodo was set up.as. running!!!"
Now I know why Mel burnt all those calories. Hahaha.
I then look on Facebook to find Brownie has also had his Endomondo set to running.
Pair of numpties.
This is what I have to work with. Haha

cHARRYot done me proud and was a pleasure to ride.

Quality effort!!!

BRING ON 2012

2 comments:

  1. Excellent ride. I hope you washed cHARRYot down when you got in :-)

    Was nice to meet Mel and Steve.

    The route was nice today, some quiet roads and a few cheeky hills - "its all flat from here home Brian" had to be the quote of the day.

    Count me in for the next one, hopefully we will have a few more riders.

    Have a great new year guys, see you in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did i forget to put that in the blog. "Its all flat from here" always just before going around a corner to find a hill. lol.
    cHARRYot is all washed down and is ready to go again. Its a pitty my knees aren't.
    A great route. Another saved for later use. Happy New year buddy and see you in Jan

    ReplyDelete