Martineau Place

Martineau Place
Main Sponsor

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Scrapes, frozen feet & retweets

For those people who don't live in England it is absolutely freezing (by our standards) which will cause us a problem in regards to getting out and putting some miles in.
There was a lot of the team doing other things last weekend and taking a deserved break from the training schedule.

On saturday I was sitting there watching a bit of T.V. When my daughter flicks over to her cartoons as normal. Lol
With the TV out of action for me I turned on the computer. I see that @g1bbo85 has just started out on a cycle. Due to him attempting to play football (to our USA followers-soccer) on Sundays John tries to get out on Saturday.
It's just gone past 9am and around -2. A definite nip in the air. I log on to Endomondo to give him my usual barrage of abuse, sorry I mean encouragement. I see he has only been out for 4 mins and 21 seconds to find his workout had stopped. I assumed his gps has messed up on his phone so I log out and start surfing my Facebook.
A few minutes later a status update from John pops up - "So today's ride cut short, ice and my racer don't mix....first time off the bike.... Ouch!"
with that I gave John a ring.
On asking if he was ok and what happened he told me his front wheel went from underneath him and his leg took the brunt of the fall. Straight away I asked him to send me a picture saying that this will be great for the blog. Haha
Looking back on Facebook the other riders were also showing there concern for Johns welfare, for example:-
@melcastle69. - ooops hope ur alright Kidda.
@kirtsynash (johns other half)- silly billy x
@davejbrady - did someone get a pic? For the blog? Haha
@benno112 - Man yourself up!!!!

so as you can see, we all showed our concerns in our own special way. Lol
Fair play to @g1bbo85. He said if he felt ok he was going to try and get out again.

I looked out of the window and it looked really cold out there. I was wondering whether to nip out myself knowing the weather forecast for Sunday is saying snow!!
I just never got around to going out. In fact I ended up going food shopping. What a bum deal. Lol
Sunday morning is upon us.
True to form our very own early bird @davejbrady is out. He manages to blast out 21.91 miles and get back to his house for 9.30. Haha. It must have been brass monkeys out there at that time. Fair play to you brother from another mother. As you can see on the pictures below, it doesn't affect Dave in his working capacity at all.

I give @benno112 a call to see if he is up to going out. He had a rough nights sleep due to his better half Kelly being nearly 8 months pregnant but still decides to come out. We plan on doing a 20 mile spin whilst staying close to home down to weather and Kelly and bump.
Time for my breakfast then. Porridge and bananas. Yum yum. My daughter Laila wants the same so I start to make it together. But I get carried away whilst getting my gear together to hear shouts from Laila "it's blowing up daddy". I open the microwave to find half of the porridge all over the inside. Lol.

We both sit down to eat what's left.
@benno112 knocks on the window at 9.30ish. His hands are red raw. He's only got fingerless gloves on. #numpty
I pass him some black gardening gloves for him to put on under his own gloves. It's all I had. Haha
We head off. The wind and the cold is biting our faces. We are not feeling it at all. For some reason this ride seems really hard work so far. Maybe it's down to the cold and the fact we both can't feel our toes.
We get to 10 miles and we was thinking about throwing the towel in to be honest. When the chips are down we truly just look at our bracelets (#essentialpieceofkit) and it helps us get through. We battle on taking it steady due to the ice on the roads. The miles tick over nicely but 20 mile was enough on a day like today.

Later in the day I get a text off Georgie (@harry_moseley). Fair play to Georgie, she is all ready to go out and churn some miles out even though she is on a busy schedule with a big event which is being revealed in 6 days or so. SO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED ON TWITTER FOLKS!!!
All dressed up in full Harry kit Georgie ends up doing just over 9 miles. Well she thought she had done nearly 15 miles but then realised her Endomondo was set to Kilometres instead of miles. Haha. Georgie said she felt good after her outing, well apart from a sore botty.

We really need this weather to heat up a bit so we can get out there and blast some more miles. We have a group ride planned soon so we can see where everyone is up to, fitness wise. That will be fun. Lol really looking forward to it.

This month my total miles on the bike have topped 215 miles which I am really chuffed about. But when you think the whole event might run to 120 mile we still have a lot to prepare for.

Oh yeah, and to top things off. One of our loyal followers @B25dave managed to get a retweet out of the one and only Sir Chris Hoy (@chrishoy). Back of the net!!!

Also a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all our twitter followers for all the #FF's and helping us reach #71 in the UK rankings. Let's see if we can beat that this week.
Loving your support peeps
Wear your bracelets with pride

@bcfcboz. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment