Martineau Place

Martineau Place
Main Sponsor

Friday 25 May 2012

Through Si's Eyes

Jersey Name- Simon B
Twitter Name - not a tweeter

When Matt and I turned up my feelings were mixed , yes I was excited but also my tummy was full of nerves though that may of been the energy sweets !

Going through the first leg of the trip I was just buzzing to be chatting away with my boyhood hero Magic Johnson what a Legend ! It was going great until we lost half the group in Warwick town centre. A meet outside the local nic and we were off again.

The thing that sticks out in my mind between Warwick and the stop off at the Barley Mow pub in Banbury was Ricky falling off his bike. This was the big news at the Barley Mow although fair play he "manned up" and carried on, and didn't even mention it once over the weekend !! Hahaha

Myself and Matt kept each other going banning the words quit or ill walk a bit. So we never hit "the Wall" Although fair play to IceMan, Big Al , Brian and Alex who's words of support were great. Matt and I have massive respect for those guys for taking the time out their challange to ensure we were ok (Legends!)

My feelings when we got to the hotel in Aylesbury was that I loved getting there what a buzz knowing you have done over 70 miles

Then it was the stop over in Aylesbury.

Funny night in the hotel Big Al's self one man drinkathon and Jim "the comedy tramp" Kelly doing his stand up , this was especially funny when Mick and Jim started slating each other in the middle of the routine .... Raving !

The next morning I woke up with horifc sunburn and then made a quest to several shops for total sun block. All creamed up I as ready for the second leg

The hardest bit of the whole weeked was the road to Watford but fair play to Deano (I think he may be a plasterer!) he carried his bike up the hard shoulder like Rambo ! (with a little beard)

Around 3pm we got to Wembley Stadium. Great feeling when we made it there as a team , I made some great new mates and have found a hobby I love. But the main thing I came away with was a massive repect for a little Brummie Lad and his family who are quite frankly remarkable . Both my brother and I were humbled just to be a small part of a brilliant weekend.

Brian and Mel thanks for making the weekend awesome and engaging a great team of sponsors

Si

No comments:

Post a Comment