Martineau Place

Martineau Place
Main Sponsor

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Through Kevin's Eyes

Jersey Name- Benno112
Twitter Name -benno112

* Describe how you was feeling when you turned up at Blakenhale and when we started off. Include what you did there? Eg talk to, describe the send off
I was feeling extremely excited and anxious about the 2 days ahead..... The support was fantastic and I loved posing for pictures with our fellow supporters!

* give a small write up of the first leg to Warwick including the stop off (feelings, sights, energy levels)
I thought the first leg of the ride was easier than first anticipated.... And I was loving every minute of the ride because I was in great company... I did find my energy levels a little low at the 50 mile mark.......... Nothing a bag of jelly beans wouldn't fix though ;)

* what sticks out in your mind between Warwick and the stop off at the Barley Mow pub in Banbury?
Ricky falling off his bike :)

* explain if you hit "the wall" at any time and what kept you going (help from others, thoughts of finishing etc) I didn't really hit a wall....... And their was nothing stopping me from completing this ride!

* what was your feelings when you got to the hotel in Aylesbury?
I felt a great sense of personal achievement and was really happy that we all got there safely...... Now time for a pint ;)

* give a paragraph or two of the night in Aylesbury
It was a great feeling sharing all the ups and downs of the first day with all the riders.... Had a lovely meal and a couple of beers. It was lovely to see a couple of cyclingforharry followers show up and have a good old chin wag with............ But I was very tired and needed my bed.

* the next morning - brief description on how feeling mentally and physically
I felt really good and was raring to get to our final destination..... WEMBLEY

* any stories along the second leg?
going around the ring road in Watford wasn't my idea of fun :)

* feelings on the run in to Wembley and when we finally arrive there.
As I seen Wembley Stadium I just thought to myself "we've done it!" it was great to see the amount of supporters we had waiting to greet us......... Thanks for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment