Martineau Place

Martineau Place
Main Sponsor

Sunday 4 December 2011

A Cold December Morning

@benno112 @G1BBO85 @davejbrady @allenjamesuk @bcfcboz @heels4089
Ray Heath

It's a chilly December morning and its 8am. The text messages are flying around to see who is definatley turning up for the 20 mile ride as planned.
A new cyclist to our TWITFAM @heels4089 is going to lead the way on our 20 mile outing.
The larks & larks crew have to work and are gutted they can't get out with us after last weeks fine effort.
@roseofdawood is doing nowt but whilst at graft.
@bblackwell77 is not feeling well and nor is @brunone. So I'm thinking that we might be a little thin on the ground today. ;-(
Normally mo brother @benno112 shows up eager beaver 30 mins early and there was no sign of him either. So there's me sitting in my Lycra eating toast and supping a brew whilst watching Peppa Pig (nipper rules the tv)
I looks on endomondo to check if chunk(@benno112) is on his way to find @G1BBO85 is also cycling.
How pleased was I to see them both turn up at my house at 8.55 sharp.
The wife looks out the window to see RAY HEATH turn up on his new bike.
Now this guy don't even have a Facebook or a twitter account.
This is the type of weirdos I'm working with here.
All chuffed with the fact I have some friends I grab my helmet (don't be rude) glasses on, gloves on. Endomondo on, kiss the wife and bab goodbye and walk out the front door well up for the 29 mile ride. There's one thing missing!!

My bike.

In the rush I forgot my wheels.
What a turnip.
I go back in and get my bike.
We go to pick up @davejbrady.
We get to his house and he's having a hissy fit because he can't find his gloves.

We tell him to man up and grow a pair.

We cycle on and meet our twitter virgin @heels4089.
It's his route we are going to follow.
We get to the nearest pub and meet @allenjamesuk.
One of our followers/supporters on twitter and Facebook.
After a quick intro we started off again.

Putting our lives in the hands of the twitter virgin (@heels4089) we rode off.
The first few miles ticked over.
Going at a steady pace we are all chatting away and warming up.

@davejbrady who couldn't find his glove decided to come out on his missus bike as it looked frosty. What a mistake that was.
He's used to his road bike which he basically robbed of a bloke in EBAY.
He was realising that tyres like tractors grip the road. Hahaha.
Even though he is struggling on his better half's bike he still manages to PAP a photo of a definite crack in the road that could cause trouble. (see photo below)

They say me (@bcfcboz) and @benno112 have the same dimples.

We stop for a quick break at PACKWOOD HOUSE.

After a few discreet wee wee's in a bush. A few photos and a quick chat we head off again.

We have 2 first outers with us @G1BBO85 and RAY HEATH ( the freak with no Facebook or twitter)

They look like they haven't even broke a sweat. Lol

@allenjamesuk must be wondering what he's got himself into. Lol

We head off again.

Then start making the route up as we go on. WHERE ARE WE Hahaha

Our twitter virgin @heels4089 heads us back in the direction of home.

My back wheel is making a noise but @benno112 back wheel is buckled like crazy.
We stop to see what we can do to stop it happening.
Then we all realise that we have not got a clue when it comes to bikes and ride on. Haha.
Our virgin to twitter @heels4089 tells us he has to go home. As his wife has phoned him and told him he needs to get home. ( for chores or pleasure we will never know)
For the last ten mile we cycle home with two buckled wheels and a stop off in a bus shelter. A ride by to see the Larks & Larks crew working and a short trip home.
Endomondo announces down my ear to tell me that 30 mile has been reached.
At that time IAN BROWN - THE FEAR comes on through my earphones. What an apt TUNE.

That to me summed up the day.
We went out to do 20. Done 30 and felt good because we are doing it for Harry.


8 comments:

  1. Well done boys, enjoyed today's ride....... Apart from riding the last 10 mile with a badly buckled wheel, oh well.... Onwards and upwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny blog post! Love it. Well
    Done lads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was laugh a minute. I loved it, nice and relaxed ride.

    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. With my first outing was chuffed at doing just under 35 miles and felt ok. Was a great morning work by all the riders that took part!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every mile with the lads, makes it so much easier and less tiresome. We all look out for each other, Benno keeps looking back to make sure we are OK and big Al stays at the back to make sure nobody has fallen into a ditch or gone over their handlebars. Looking forward to the next outing:)

    Brady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant lads- cant wait to join u, to add to the funny bike rides, thought we were meant to be taking this seriously?lol... mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers for noticing Brady.

    Ive been out before and been left at the back, its a shitty feeling seeing the pack disappear in front. Thats why I held back a bit to support them.

    Benno was up and down the pack, he just likes chatting I reckon - and tinging his bell.

    I'm out next weekend if you are about, I really enjoyed the slower pace and the team spirit. This time I will bring my spoke key, we coulda straightened that bent wheel out at the side of the road.

    I would say though, my bloody ribs/stomach was aching with laughter more than my legs and arms from the ride - superb fun.

    How about a nice 30 next Sunday ? Barston, Knowle, Lapworth, Earlswood and back through Solihull ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bugger, it was Brian with his Bell, not Benno.

    ReplyDelete